Class A Training
A Class A CDL allows you to operate a single or combination vehicle of any size. This is the most versatile commercial driver’s license that you can have and it gives you the most flexibility in finding suitable employment with a variety of companies for long-haul and short-haul trucking.
Our Class A training is 160 hours of intensive, practical instruction to allow you to successfully operate multiple vehicle types. Our training breaks down like this:
- 40 hours of classroom instruction to provide you with practical knowledge of rules of the road and vehicle operation safety
- 18 hours of street driving training to give you confidence in vehicle handling and operation
- 16 hours of training for backing maneuvers to ensure that you can operate the vehicle safely when driving in reverse
- 16 hours of proficiency development designed to help you master these essential techniques in order to be successful as a truck driver
- 70 hours of combined lab training, range training, and observation to prepare you for your practical examination and licensing
This training takes place over the course of 4 weeks with 8 hours per day of training. This flexibility allows you to get the training you need while still being able to take care of your day-to-day tasks and activities.
Below is a list of our upcoming training dates for the year for Class A CDL licensing. Before you contact us to register, please take a look at the prerequisites for obtaining a CDL to ensure that you qualify.